Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 13~ Advent Box ~ Rodenbach

Day 13, Catching up on the posts!

Tonight was unlucky 13 for us!  They can't all be great, right?  This one, unfortunately went down the drain.... but we're still blogging it because everyone has different tastes and I'm certain there are people who like it, but we weren't those people.

Tonight we tried the Rodenbach 'Flanders Red/Brown beer'.  This was a sweet and sour product, mixing 75% young beer and 25% 2 year old mature beer.  This beer's mixed fermentation is likely the reason I didn't like it.  It tasted cider-ish and sour --not a fan

But, alas, let's talk about it anyway!

This beer comes from Belgium and has won several awards, including a Silver & Bronze in the Brussels Beer Challenge in 2012 and 2013.  Palm Breweries has been brewing beer since 1686 wiht Rodenbach staring in 1836...that's a long darn time!

I wish I could find more to say about this, but I truly wasn't a fan, we dumped it out.... and I'm sure there's some good, but the website made it hard to find info for me to really blog about!

If you like sours then this one would be one to try.  Beer Advocate scores this one a 90, so check it out!

I bet you can find it at Craft Beer Cellar but a search on Untapped shows it not able to be found anywhere close by.

Here's to hoping tomorrow night is a better option!!


No comments:

Post a Comment