Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 10~ Yummy Yummy in My Tummy....forever

Happy Tuesday!  Tomorrow is a holiday for many people as we celebrate Veterans Day.  I am blessed to have so many family and friends who have in the past or currently do serve our Country and I thank them every day for our freedoms.  Tomorrow we celebrate them!

Tomorrow I have the opportunity to attend an event with one of the companies I represent.  They are giving away four automobiles to 4 deserving Veterans in need of transportation.  In addition to the vehicles, the employees of this company hold fundraisers and pitch in to purchase the first year of insurance for these people who sacrificed so much and need our help.  I am honored to attend this event again this year.  It is well worth closing our office and attending!

Let's move on to the blog topic of the day---'If you could live off of one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?"  I really struggled with this but let's see what we can come up with....

Let's get the drink out of the way first.  I know you all think it's wine, but it's not.  The only wine I like for breakfast is Champagne or Prosecco so that's kinda out.  I think the drink would be tea.  It could be hot for breakfast, it could be iced, maybe it could be flavored, not sure if flavoring would exist in this crazy, no options end of the world thinking!  Tea is all around good anytime (in my opinion) and that's why it's my choice.  Not sugary sweet tea, just plain, tea...

As for the food, this one was tough.  I read the list a couple days ago and have been thinking and thinking about what it would be.  I considered sushi, I love sushi, but I'm not sure that breakfast sushi would appeal to me.  I have made Elise 'dessert sushi' before (see Pinterest-or maybe I'll post it here, it's cute --and yummy).... but I'm not sure breakfast sushi would work for me.....Click this link: Dessert Sushi Recipe for the info on the dessert sushi...think Rice Krispie Treats, Swedish Fish and Fruit Roll Ups!

I also considered Pasta....I could eat cold spaghetti (right mom?) or pasta salad or spaghetti and meatballs or whatever....but I think I might get sick of that, and it'd definitely not be good for the size of my rear end to eat pasta every day.... so I think I finally decided .... and while it will disgust my friend Jennifer, we agree to disagree on this food.

It's eggs... I could eat eggs so many different ways and for breakfast it works, for dinner it works, for lunch, it even works--egg salad!  Right here  50 Egg Ideas! in case you want to eat nothing but eggs!  I'm kidding, I don't suggest that.

Thankfully we have the Veterans we talked about a minute ago, protecting our freedoms and making it so that we don't have to have one choice in life about what we are going to eat or what we are going to drink....YAY for wine AND tea and sushi and pasta and eggs, and veggies and ya know CHOICES!

Do me a favor as you go through your day tomorrow, thank a Veteran, do something nice for one, buy them a cup of coffee (buy a Starbucks, the cup is red, I love it!)  HAH!  Couldn't resist!  But most importantly give thanks to those who fight for your ability to make a choice to live where you are free to do so!

Have a fabulous day!  See y'all tomorrow!  

PS--we're 1/3 of the way done!  Thanks for sticking around and reading .... this has been fun! :)

~M


No comments:

Post a Comment