Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 4-Tumble, Pin, Post, Tag, Share, Tweet

Happy Hump Day!  We've made it to the mid-point of the week and the weekend is on the horizon!

Today in Florida (Tampa area specifically) we broke a heat record, yes, in November it was 92*...even I am ready for some cooler weather!  I know our electric bill is!  I have a feeling we're going to end up going from AC right to Heat!

Anyway-today's topic is supposed to be 'The Meaning Behind Your Tumblr Name'....let's just get this out of the way--I'm not blogging about Tumblr, because, I don't know exactly what it is.  Yes, I know I could Google it, but it's my blog and I didn't :)

I would like to discuss though....what happened to vowels?  Why is Tumblr called Tumblr and not Tumbler...why do gamers spell "own" as pwn....why do we now thk people and txt people (um, ppl)?  As someone who finds annoyance in spelling errors, this drives me absolutely crazy.  I honestly don't get it.  If you do, please tell me!  I'm not really losing sleep over this, but I do kinda wonder, what happened to spelling? 

That was a bit of a side note to actually discussing something related to the actual topic (which I have learned is a micro-blogger site....smaller blogs, probably the 'e' on my keyboard doesn't work, so there are less letters?  I don't know!

Anyway, we digressed a bit~ since Tumblr (can I tell you how many times I've spelled that with an "E"!) is somewhat social media, I thought I'd write about that.  During Likes/Dislikes one of the things that came up under likes was Social Media and I mentioned that I'd talk more about that later...well, it's later!

Social Media is a hobby for me.  I absolutely love being on Social Media.  It helps me keep up with people near and far, people I see regularly and people I never see anymore.  Heck, some people I have NEVER seen but we know each other through social media.  It's a connection to a larger world of people and I love people!  (Mom, it's only the girls in the family) LOL

My first experience with social media was AOL and I met a very good friend who I am still friends with today on AOL!  Hi Leah! :) She lives in Mississippi and we've met in person one time but we have been friends since the early 1990's.  We always pick up right where we left off when we chat, albeit more infrequently as life has gotten in our way!
My best social media experience would have to be that is how I met Todd.  That was Myspace.  I'm not really sure what happened to Myspace, it seems to have gone by the wayside and taken over by Facebook, which, in my opinion is the ultimate social media experience. 

Yes, I have Facebook (as y'all know!) for personal use, for the business, and I have Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn but there's only ONE of those sites I check on a .... hmmm, daily doesn't seem to do Facebook justice.  I check...um, hourly!?  Let me explain!

I do love Facebook for all of those reasons I mentioned before, however, I also get a TON of business leads on Facebook.  The neighborhood, local, community pages on Facebook are invaluable to my business.  My clients, my friends, people who know me from the community will throw my name and information out there anytime someone has a need for an updated insurance quote, and some of those communities live and breathe by what their neighborhood pages say!  I probably get 3 leads a DAY from people throwing our information out on Facebook!  It's AMAZING and it's FREE! 

Social media is a component of my daily life and some people think that's crazy but it feeds my family and I have made some amazing connections in the groups I am a part of.  It's the place I go to share fun times, annoying times (frogs!), good news, sometimes bad news, photos of my family and friends and pets and a place where I can be ME, the good, the bad....all of it.

So while I don't tumbl I can't really tell you what my Tumblr name means, but I have shared with you why Facebook and Social Media are important to me.

There you have it!  Until tomorrow when we move on to topic # 5...which might be late, because I have after work plans, but it will be here!  Here's a hint, we're traveling :)

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment