Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 2~ Likes & Dislikes

Happy Monday!  It's day 2 of the blog challenge, and while I should be quoting and working, I am taking some "me" time and writing~er, typing :)

For today's topic I'm supposed to post 10 likes and dislikes.  I'm not sure if that's a total of 10, 10 each or what, so I'm going to wing it!  There might be more than 10 there might be less, but hopefully the blogger police aren't paying attention!

Let's get the dislikes out of the way so we end on positives!

1.  Math--As I wrote yesterday, I am the step-parent to a 6th grader.  She lives with us, which means during the week, we've got 'homework' obligations.  I don't really remember liking math as a kid, and since the only math I do on a regular basis can be done on a calculator I really don't have a need for algebra, I don't care where "X" is usually.  If it's money-time-addition-subtraction-division-multiplication, I'm good....I don't care about pi (or pie, it's not my favorite) or ratios (I'm not planning to go to Vegas to bet on the odds).... so there.  I dislike math...but I love the app, PhotoMath (because with a picture, you can get your answer.  No, Elise you cannot download PhotoMath on YOUR phone! :)

2.  Beets--I'm not sure what purpose these serve, I'm not sure they are even worth writing about.  So enough on that.  I don't like beets and because I'm an adult and I do the meal planning, I don't have to have them.

3.  Fake people--That's a blog in itself, but suffice it to say enough said on this topic for this writing!

4.  That I don't understand online gaming-Yes, you read that right.  I dislike that I don't understand or that I don't care to understand online gaming.  The rest of my household thrives on online gaming, be it Minecraft, Eve Online, AnimalJam or whatever.  I just don't get it.  I guess that's okay!

5.  Gin--Todd's drink of choice that I believe tastes like Christmas trees, although I've never really eaten a Christmas tree.  I prefer vodka, or wine, mostly wine.

6.  Politics--Tis the season...I hate all of them, good, bad, indifferent, I'm not a fan.  The end.

7.  Sci-Fi Movies--Maybe it goes along with the online gaming thing, I don't know.  It's the worst movie genre I could imagine having to sit through.  You don't have to agree, but I'm not into aliens and the like.  I hated that Will Smith movie where NYC was deserted...I don't even know the name of it.

So there's 7....because there's not 3 more things I could think of that would be suitable to write about! Let's move on to the positives!!!



Now for the fun stuff~It was hard to keep this list to 10! :)

1.  My family--I love my family, and I'm sure everyone does (they're great, just ask them) but I mean really, my family (all of you!) is that family who just gets along.  I'm thankful we don't have family drama and everyone talks to each other and even though we have different opinions we admire and respect those opinions and through it all, our family always is together.  That being said, it's the same exact way with Todd's family and I love that!!!

2.  My friends--They are the best ones ever!  Some of them are probably your friends too, so you already know they rock!  My truest friends would drop everything and come if I ever needed them and there's nothing better than knowing they are there for the ups and the downs and all of life's in betweens...and my friends bring wine when they know it's needed!

3.  Wine--Speaking of wine!  I love wine.  I mostly prefer white over red, but it depends on what I might be eating as well.  Although I'm an equal opportunity drinker (I can and do drink beer, vodka, wine, I can find something everywhere!) I prefer wine.  It's crisp, clean and tasty.  It's not something that was really in our home as I grew up, my parents aren't wine drinkers (see those differing opinions up there under #1) :) I started to enjoy wine about 15 years ago, it was my friend Kathi's fault :) A New Years Eve party at the 'turn of the century'....Kathi, look what you started!

4.  Dogs--I cannot even begin to count the number of dogs I've had in my life.  They are the absolute best pets ever and Cocoa (the puggle) is the easiest going dog I have ever had.  Currently we have Cocoa and Lilly--if you follow me on Facebook, Lilly is the bathtub dog.  She has some sort of weird obsession with the bathtub in our new home.  It's crazy deep and while I don't care she gets in the tub, I'm a tad bit concerned about a potential broken something on her that ends up in outrageous vet bills and 'recovery time' that we just don't have time for...so Lilly-stay outta the damn tub!

5.  Social Media--I know I'm going to write more about that later, so let's say it's a like...It's my way of staying connected with people because life just gets in the way sometimes.  I see it for good, but there sure is a lot of drama!  (see those dislikes about fake people)! :)

Ok, that's a total of 12....I think we're good for today!  Don't get me wrong, there's many more likes, but it's late and I want to post and I have work still to do---also, I'm not sure y'all will read this if it's too long!!! :)

Night Night---til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment