Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day 8~ To You, To You and To You---and a little more

Three things I want to say to different people..... wow....this is a topic I could really take a lot of different ways....but I think gratitude is the direction we will start with, let's see what happens when I start to write.


To the parents of my husband:  Thank you.  Thank you for raising your son to be wonderful man, a wonderful father and the perfect match for me.  Sometimes he's stubborn, sometimes he's silly, he's incredibly kind and always finds something good in everyone.  I'm certain it wasn't easy to raise him and his brother (I cannot imagine them as kids and their antics!) but you both did a wonderful job in raising them into fantastic men.

To my parents:  Thank you for always being by my side, whether you agreed with my decisions or not and for not really ever saying (out-loud)  'I told you so' (although I can think of a couple times I wish you would have!).  Thank you for reminding me when I get frustrated about Elise that I was the exact same way--um, that might have been a sarcastic thank you, but it does put things into perspective :)  Thank you, for always encouraging me to follow my dreams, this most current one of owning our own business has been spectacular and without your support I would have been afraid to do it!  I'm so glad we did!

To my husband:  You're crazy for marrying me, but I'm so glad you did.  You bring love and a smiles to my life each and every day in some way, shape or form.  Thank you for putting up with me and my crazy life.  Thank you for your support to my dedication to growing our business.  I mean, I know you support it so you can retire, I'm trying, I'm trying.  Thanks for bringing Elise into my life.  It may not always show (because, see above, apparently we're a lot alike!) but she is such a blessing to our life and I have so much enjoyed watching her grow into her own person.  Thank you for being the patient one, Lord knows that's not me and for making me see the other side of things whether I want to or not :)

Now that was my post for today but truth be told, I typed most of it last night...now that I've gone through today and attended a Bucs game with my family there's a couple more things I'd like to say...

To the Giants fans that sat near us....REALLY?  It's perfectly FINE to be a fan and to cheer for your team and to scream at them when they do stupid stuff (Lord knows I scream at the Bucs a LOT) but the lack of class and dignity you showed to other fans, in front of my child and her friend, well, frankly you're an asshole.  There was no reason for the taunting, the language, the gestures or the threats to fight people.  I watched two of you through a good portion of the game and thought that I hoped you didn't have kids somewhere watching you act like this just because people are passionate about football.  To the Bucs fans, thank you for remembering it's a game.  I understood when enough was enough and I'm glad TPD was there quickly to make sure nothing escalated.  Crazy and happens at every game, but we don't usually have kids with us.  To the five year old kid a couple rows ahead of us, you keep being a fan, win or lose, you stick by your team, no matter how much it hurts (trust me, I feel your pain!) :) :)

And finally, to the management of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.... When Malcolm Glazier bought this team years ago it was a winning team...what the heck happened?  I hated losing Tony Dungy but John Gruden did us well for a few year, since then it's been a downward spiral....it's time for a change, where is it going to be?

AH, well, maybe I should have started my blog today, like I was supposed to....then this would have all been about football....but you got the gratitude and the frustrations of my day!  ENJOY!

This girl has to get ready for another busy week...so ... until tomorrow....remember to Keep Believing, even when you're the underdog (again and again)! :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment