Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 7~Writing about Reading!

Hello and Happy Saturday!!  We had a fun day today with Elise bowling this morning and spending the afternoon at TopGolf Tampa where we met her friend's family so we could pick up Cynthia for a sleep-over.  The girls are watching a movie, Todd seems to be watching the movie and here I am!

The topic of the day today is "Do You Read?  What are your favorite books?"

Let's start this out by saying, I read a LOT less since the beginning of social media. Seems like before I updated, pinned, tagged, tweeted, I READ!  I should read more....sometimes my books expire before I finish them.  Expire?!  What?!  Let me explain.

Yes, I read, and I read books from the library on my Kindle.  I can't tell you the last time I read a real paper book...and for the most part, I don't buy books.  I get them from the library, just virtually.  So much different from years ago.  The last books I purchased (that weren't for Elise) was the 50 Shades series, because the library didn't carry it!

I have a few links to some great fiction read lists, mostly romance/beachy reads because it's my downtime thing to do.  I do read business books, but I tend to read more articles and magazines on business than I do 'books'.

One Christmas, Todd gave me a three-month subscription to Audible.  I listened to a couple of books, but that's not something I can typically focus on.  I did listen to the Steve Jobs book through Audible and it was excellent, but I'm not a 'talk-radio' type person and that's what Audible reminded me of.  I just started listening to a few podcasts and I told Todd just the other day, I can listen to those and drive.  I completely remember the podcast but not my drive to the office!  I'm sure glad it's only 3.6 miles!!

Back to reading, at the beginning of summer I found a link to the "Best 2015 Summer Books" and searched OneDrive (my online platform) for all of them, and reserved all of them that I could find.  I typically find an author I like and then read everything I can find on that (ie: Danielle Steel) but they always tend to have the same sort of 'story'.... This list was a nice mix of books that I likely wouldn't have picked.  I also use GoodReads but not to its fullest potential.  Sometimes we'll be in a bookstore and I'll just snap a picture of the New Release table and see what I can find at the library as well.

I just looked on my library account, I have three books on hold, none of them are close to being my turn...sometimes the library thing takes patience, but my reading time is scattered so it makes it okay :)  When I get into a book, I don't want to put my Kindle down though!  Speaking of Kindle, I made a mistake a couple weeks ago and downloaded a book for Nook, not Kindle....EEEK!  I used Elise's Nook and what a difference.  I am so used to my Kindle and I had a really hard time reading her Nook.  I guess it's likely what you become used to, but I'm a Kindle girl, like some people are 'Android' and some are 'Apple'....I'm Kindle (and Android) ;)

Are you interested in finding something new to read?  Here's that link to the summer read list.  I know it's fall, but it's 90* in Florida! The Book List!  There's 26 books on this list.  I read several of them so far and they were all pretty good!  Check it out!

Tomorrow is Sunday and it's typically our day to get ready for the next week, but we are heading to the Bucs game!  I'm thinking of starting my blog for tomorrow, tonight, so I can get a jump start.  It's an interesting topic!

Have a wonderful Saturday night!

~M


No comments:

Post a Comment