Thursday, November 19, 2015

Days 18 & 19...It's a Two for One!

WHERE has the month gone??!  It's the 19th already, and next week is Thanksgiving!  Before we know it 2016 will be here.  WOW!

This week, the last couple of weeks seem to have been a whirlwind of activity.  To say I'm overwhelmed might be an understatement, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel!!  YAY!

Today you get a special two blogs in one post, since I was unable to post yesterday due to another commitment that kept me out past my bedtime :)

So, Wednesday, the 18th we were supposed to "Name the TV show you have become addicted to"...well, I DVR several shows, but the one I watch religiously (on DVR, because I pretty much watch nothing live these days) is Grey's Anatomy.  I do believe I have seen every single episode of this show, at least once.

A quick Wikipedia search also tells me that this show has been on television since 2005, currently in it's 12th season and has 244 episodes .... that's a lot of hours spent on one show!  Doesn't matter, I will continue to watch!  As a matter of fact, there's the Winter Finale on tonight and when I'm done with this blog, guess what I'll be watching (in 43 minutes, thanks to my DVR and no commercials!) WOO HOOO!

I also had some other shows that I loved which are no longer on the air.  I fell in love with Army Wives and the portrayal of being a military spouses living on a base ... yeah, 117 hours committed to that.

Lest we forget Private Practice, a spin off of Grey's Anatomy (Shonda Rhimes is amazing) and yes, another 111 hours of time watching television!

Those are my absolute favorites in the recent years.  Things I wouldn't miss or wouldn't get "old" on the DVR....

Now all of that being said, let's be clear....Webster's defines addiction as "A strong and harmful need to regularly have something or do something or an unusually great interest in something or a need to do or have something.

That's a pretty solid definition, but I'm not sure it really fits my (what I would call) desire to watch Grey's Anatomy.  I mean, when it's over, I don't lose sleep, I don't drink more wine, I don't have withdraws or binge on past seasons or episodes...so I don't know if 'addiction' is the right word.  That's what the Blog for 30 Day Challenge listed though.   So, technically my blog is incorrect.  It's an enjoyment factor, it's my 'favorite' tv show...it's NOT an addiction.

Now, we're current!!  Today we have been asked to write a list of places I have lived (at)....seems "at" shouldn't be at the end of that phrase, but whatever.....let's see if I can do this.  I've lived at a lot of places in my lifetime!

My life started in Springfield, Massachusetts.  When I was a little tiny thing we moved to the Norfolk, Virginia area and also lived in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  I believe it was third grade when we headed to Florida.  The first place we lived in Florida was Clay County.  I lived in Lake Geneva and in Keystone Heights, Florida while my parents helped my father's aunt with her business, a bar that they ran.

In sixth grade, we moved to Seminole County (just north of Orlando) and this is the area we lived until after I was out of high school.  We lived in Longwood and then after high school moved to Winter Springs.

As an adult, there's been (I think!) even more moves.  I've been to Deltona, then Orange Park/Jacksonville area, then transferred to Tampa.  From Tampa I went NORTH!  North consisted of Snow Hill, Maryland, Wallops Island, Virginia, Pocomoke City, Maryland for a while, then on to Hamden, Connecticut and Middletown, Connecticut before a job transferred me back "HOME" and that job brought me to Jacksonville/Orange Park area (again) and ended for me after I made it back to the Tampa area.  I moved back to Tampa in 2007 and lived in Land O Lakes, then Lutz before I bought my home in Wesley Chapel.  We now make Riverview, Florida our home... Shew, I'm tired!

Moving sucks, and as you see I've had LOTS of practice over the years.  Being a former Navy wife, a lot of those moves were easy and there were a couple of corporate moves in there too with State Farm and Infinity.  The ones that were not done with big moving companies who came in and packed and moved stuff, well, those were worse as you can imagine, but we absolutely survived!

 I'd like to say I'm done, but I know we have at least one more move in us!  What about you?  Is your family done moving or do you have 'at least' one more move left to go?

See y'all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!  TGIF (almost!)
~M



No comments:

Post a Comment