Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 23~ A Blank Canvas ~

It's the Monday of a short work week!!  The upcoming 4 day weekend is nearing us quickly!!

Today we're writing a letter, to anyone about anything....it's a blank canvas.  I don't even have a clue, so let's see what happens...


Dear Elise,

I wanted to write my letter to you and it works out well because it's my turn for our journal entry!  We just finished up your "Elise turns 12" birthday party weekend and what a great time!  So many wonderful experiences and memories.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday party!

I can' believe in two more days you will be 12 years old.  I remember that little girl that I met at Red Robin 5 years ago (coming up next week), who could barely finish her bowl of pasta because you were so excited to go see the Wiregrass Christmas lights and meet some new friends.  You were such a little thing, adorable and shy!  Check you out!
From there you have blossomed into an inquisitive pre-teen.  Sometimes still very much a little girl and sometimes so grown up I can't even figure out when that happened.  Every day you experience new things and learn more about this crazy world that we live in.

It's been such an honor to be in your life and to help mold you into the person you are today.  I know sometimes we have our differences, but my truest desire is to help you turn into a loving, kind and wonderful woman (with good manners, and a great wardrobe!) :-)

I look forward to watching over the next years how you'll develop and learn what good decisions you can make all by yourself.  I can't wait to see how you choose your friends, how your future education and career moves fall into place and your future husband and children.  They sure will be lucky people to be in your life.

I love you like you were my very own, and I'm always just a shout away.

Here's to our next five years, and many more 1/2 decades to go!

Love you tons,

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment