Friday, November 20, 2015

Day 20~ Music Makers!

TGIF!  I so look forward to a couple of days of R&R after busy weeks!!

Today our challenge was to write about the concerts I have attended... I have seen a lot but going to focus on the absolute best one!

My first concert was when I was in high school and it was a heavy metal concert that I attended with my at-the-time-boyfriend.  It was horrible!

Those that know me know that I have some pretty good success with winning random things on the radio.... it's my lucky thing.

In 2012 I won the concert experience that has been hard to beat for every other concert we have been to, even hard to beat ones we think about going to and know that it just won't compare.  I have ruined concerts for us forever with my luck this particular day.

In July 2012 on a radio contest, I had to text a word for iHeartRadio.  It was a nationwide contest to go to the Second Annual iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.  The word was "Sweet".  About thirty minutes after I texted that word, on a Sunday afternoon, out by the pool, my phone rang and it was a concert promoter telling me that I won.  Todd didn't believe me, told me at some point they were going to ask for our credit card info and I wasn't allowed to give it ;)

A week or two went by, I got an email here and there and next thing I knew they were booking our plane tickets (paid for by the winnings), booking our room at the MGM Grand Hotel, adding us to the Facebook group for the winners so we could meet and greet people before the show, which happened to fall on Todd's 45th birthday weekend.  Birthday weekend in Vegas!

Truly it was amazing and all we paid for was our food, incidentals and anything we specifically wanted to do in Vegas.  Concert tickets, Hotel & Airfare all covered by iHeartRadio Media Group (well, and a 1099 at the end of the year for the value of the winnings)!

The concert line-up was incredible:

Friday night we saw:  Bon Jovi, Green Day (complete with a meltdown on stage), Jason Aldean, Lil Wayne, Megan & Liz (?), Miranda Lambert, No Doubt, PSY (Gagnam Style), Rihanna, Swedish House Mafia, Usher and Gwen Stefani made a special appearance.

Saturday night was:  Aerosmith, Brad Paisley, Calvin Harris, Enrique Iglesias, Linkin Park, Mary J. Blige (who brought Prince as her guest), Pink (who was AMAZING), Pitbull, Taylor Swift and a techno DJ named Deadmau5

It was the absolute best concert experience anyone could ask for.  The set up, the way the concert ran, the people, the artists, the surprises...it was absolutely amazing!!!

I still try to win again, every.single.year.  No such luck yet, but I haven't given up and I won't!!!

What's the best concert you've ever been to??


No comments:

Post a Comment